Do you want to write a guest post for Home Defense Gun?
By guest posting, you can increase awareness of your blog, website, business, cause, etc. I have a growing and interested audience. I will do my usual work of promoting it on social media. This is not a one shot deal. I promote quality posts over and over again. You will get visitors from the posts. Your job is to do the same – promote the post to your family, friends, and acquaintances. Ask them to share and comment on the post.
I’m pretty flexible about what is posted, as long as it meets the following criteria:
- We use how-tos, must knows, product reviews and firearm skills. I am pretty open to anything dealing with firearms and home defense. 800 -1000 words would be great if it is a post. Videos are also good. With videos, a couple sentence intro is fine.
- I started this blog as a way to share tips and ideas that will help people make the right choices in defending their home and family. Make sure it fits in this category. While I think politics are important, I want to keep this site focused on personal defense. Don't send politically laced articles.
- It has to be original. I will copyscape it. If it is close to another post, you will have to rewrite or I won’t run it.
- It should be good quality writing. Now, I don’t mean that it has to be like a research paper. My readers prefer that you talk in a conversational tone. Write as if you were telling a story. Make it a decent size, at least 600 words. If you are sincere and the topic is good for my readers, I will help you with the post. I view honest attempts as a real plus and will help you get it ready for publishing. If you are not sincere, don’t waste my or your time.
- Feel free to promote your own website or cause, just no spammy articles that are only to create backlinks. If the links in the post aren’t relevant to the topic, that isn’t going to work.
How to contact me about a guest post:
- Contact me on the contact page about your idea for the post. Do not send me the post to start off. If I don’t think it will fit, at least you haven’t wasted your time.
- After we agree that the topic would work, write your post. Edit it well. I will catch some errors, but might not catch all. It is your reputation that will be sullied for poor spelling and grammar. Then send it to me.
- You don’t need to send photos for the post. If you want to include something personal, that’s fine. Make sure you tell me that is is not copyrighted. Otherwise, I would rather use a photo that I choose. Do send me a photo of yourself for the bio.
- Make sure you include an author’s byline. It should talk about you, what you do and why someone should visit your site or another site. You can include two or three links in your byline. You can also have two or three links in your post. The links should be relevant to the post and you – no spammy links to general marketing sites. Make sure you send me a picture of yourself.
- Understand that I might edit your post. I might edit the title of your article to help others find it easier or add subtitles. This is a good thing and will help promote your article.
- Also understand that I have final decision authority on whether the post is published or not.
Guest posting is a great way to have some fun, stretch yourself and increase your audience. Contact me on my contact page and let’s get started.